'Put it in Stone' | Washington DC
In almost all the monuments in Washington are engraved quotes or writings of the memorialized individual. These are parts often ignored by the visitors. We are in awe of the exterior and the statues on the interior and it is easy to overlook the text. Inside the Jefferson Memorial, around the 19 foot tall 10,000 pound statue, are many of his famous writings including excerpts from the Declaration of Independence, letters to George Washington and portions of his autobiography. All great things to take a moment to read.
The shot: Nikon D90, Rokinon 8mm f/3.5, tripod held. 2 blended exposures.
9 Notes/ Hide
- quitemajorly reblogged this from uprootedphotographer
- imonlyallisee likes this
- thisisntjess reblogged this from uprootedphotographer
- mrenzulli likes this
- jonathanmeola reblogged this from sugarsham
- jonathanmeola likes this
- sugarsham reblogged this from uprootedphotographer
- thewisezack likes this
- uprootedphotographer posted this